Our client is a market leading technology provider that offers specialised broadcast solutions and services – 4K, HD, satellite uplinks, streaming, and fibre services – to world renowned broadcasters, media companies and sports rights holders including ITV, Sky, European Tour, and Formula 1.
As part of strategic growth plans, they are looking to recruit a Key Account Manager, who will be responsible for maintaining and building revenues within existing accounts, as well as developing new business opportunities and revenues within new targeted accounts across the broadcast and sports media sector. As such this role requires someone with a proven pedigree both of managing and developing key media accounts, as well as hunting and developing new customers.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Work closely with the Commercial Director to manage existing key accounts
- Identify and develop new business revenue opportunities within the existing customers, as well as identifying and developing new business with new clients across the Broadcast and Sports media markets
- Act as a respected and trusted advisor to customers
- Create, own and update strategic account plans for designated accounts
- Lead the renewal of existing business contracts as appropriate
- Identify and investigate new areas of business to target to increase revenues
- Provide accurate, detailed and cost effective quotations
- Create board reports to the Commercial Director and Managing Director
- Track costs and revenues against financial budgets
- Manage and drive performance from allocated direct reports
- Ensure Sales CRM and forecasting is managed and maintained
- Develop and sustain strong and positive relationships both with management team and staff internally, as well as with key customers and suppliers across the industry
- Representing the company at local events and international trade shows
Key requirements for the role will include:
- Successful track record in Key Account Management and new business sales across the Broadcast and Communications industry
- Experience in submission of significant tenders and a full understanding of the bidding process within the Broadcast and Sports Media markets
- Familiarity with critical connectivity services delivered via fibre with an understanding of technological resilience (satellite, 3G, 3G, IP, microwave and bonded networking)
- Team leadership skills, with ability to motivate, mentor and coach
- Ability to demonstrate winning new business
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills both internally and externally (especially at C-Level)
- Collaborative, accountable, and flexible mind-set
- Outstanding customer service focus
Our client is dynamic and disruptive service provider within Sports and Broadcast industries, that has been steadily growing over the past couple of years, and this represents an excellent opportunity for someone to be pivotal in the future growth of the company. Whilst an individual contributor role, the Key Account Manager will have ‘high visibility’ both internally and externally due to the role it will play in managing strategic existing customers.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please submit your contact details and CV using the form below.