Company & Job profile
A fast-growing disruptive technology vendor is looking to recruit a Pre-Sales Consultant to work closely with the Sales team in driving new business opportunities with Broadcasters, Sports Rights Holders, and Agencies across Europe. Already possessing an impressive list of existing clients across these markets, this is a new hire to support and further their growth.
This role will require someone who has an ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’ and a good technical understanding of content distribution and media workflows technologies. Prior experience in a pre-sales or consulting role at a ‘start-up’ or fast-growing technology vendor or services provider and an ability to engage at C level and below within the Broadcast and Sports Media markets is ideal.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Work closely with Sales to provide coordinated support to develop new business opportunities.
- Engage and build relationships with customers at multiple layers (including C-Level)
- Assessing customer requirements and aligning to the portfolio to solve complex customer business needs.
- Planning, designing and carrying out Customer demonstrations and presentations.
- Creating demo story plans with Product management and marketing.
- Analysis of customer written and verbal requirements, highlighting risks, identifying gaps and developing solution proposals, and technical configurations to meet customer expectation and budgets.
- Designing reseller and partner pre-sales training content to build and expand capability WW.
- Hosting on-line sales / technical sales training for resellers.
- Designing and hosting online presentations of products and workflows to customers.
- Representing at Industry trade shows (IBC, NAB, SVG Europe, Sportel) and other local demand generation events.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of all products and services and their appropriate positioning in Solutions for our customers business needs.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of our customers’ business, and best practices to successfully transition their technology and workflow during an initial sale or upgrade.
- Keep up to date on the worldwide Media Enterprise industry; market awareness, competitor awareness and strategies for growth.
- Develop knowledge of 3rd party products and workflows that integrate regularly with our solutions.
Key requirements for the role:
- Previous experience in pre-sales, technical sales, or solutions architect role within the Broadcast and Sports Media technology markets.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent contact network with Broadcasters, Content Owners, Sports Rights Holders, Agencies, Federations, Leagues, and Clubs across the UK and Europe.
- An understanding of broadcast technologies and workflows, including Video platforms, content distribution, Ingest, Production, Editing, and Storage.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the Broadcast and Sports industries.
- Experience in working at C Level within the media industries.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.