One of the market leading and cutting edge technology services providers in the Sports Media and Broadcast industries is looking to recruit a Pre-Sales Engineer to their European team. This role will provide pre-sales support (demos, training, responding to RFx) and work closely with regional sales teams to help grow sales revenues and new business opportunities with Sports Rights Holders, Federations, Content Owners, and Broadcasters across Europe.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of content distribution, IP networking, OTT and video streaming technologies, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Fluent in English (both written and spoken) is essential, and ideally another European language (French or German), and you will be able to travel for up to 50% across Europe.
- Solutions specialist: to offer pre-sales support in defining best solutions for all prospective customers: Sports Rights Holders, Federations, Content Owners, and Broadcasters across Europe
- Work with regional sales teams addressing enterprise broadcast accounts, across the region and engage at multiple layers (including ‘C’ Level) within target accounts
- Precisely describe the scope of project, including resources, accurately on proposed solutions
- Respond to RFx as required
- Provide accurate costings and resources
- Provide high-level architecture and design on proposed solutions
- Provide feedback on products and solutions to internal development and product teams
- Deliver training as required
- Able to travel across the Europe up to 50% of the time
- Work closely and develop good relationships with 3rd party technology vendors
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the industry working in pre-sales or as a product specialist/solutions architect
- Strong contact network across Europe with Sports Rights Holders, Federations, Broadcasters, and Content Owners
- Deep knowledge of content distribution, VOD, OTT, and IP networking technologies
- Very good communication skills (spoken and written)
- Fluent in English, and ideally another European language (French or German)
- Passion and interest in Sports
Our client has been at the cutting edge of content distribution services for many years, and can count on many of the premier Sports Media companies as their clients, including Premier League, PGA Tour, Formula 1, UEFA, and FIFA. This is a rare opportunity for someone to join a strong and innovative technology business, and be an integral part its continued growth in the future. Someone with an inquisitive and innovative mindset, who enjoys solving problems will be well placed within this role.