A leading services provider within the global broadcast and media industries is looking to recruit a Sales Director Europe. This role is a senior individual contributor role, focusing on developing and hunting new business opportunities across Europe, with an initial focus on Western Europe (i.e. Germany, France, Italy, BENELUX, and the Nordics), selling their content management and distribution services to broadcasters, content owners, Pay TV operators, and platform providers.
The role requires a highly motivated sales and business development professional to help deliver the growth in new customers, as well as developing new revenues within existing accounts across the region. Someone with a proven pedigree of selling similar services with a strong contact network will be essential to deliver the desired results. The location for this role is open depending on the right individual.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Actively seek out new business prospects and drive revenue growth
- Leverage the company’s sales goals within the region, through professional sales techniques and good customer service
- Prioritise prospects and manage the response to commercial leads appropriately
- Research target markets and locate potential major customers
- Manage the sales pipeline and accurately forecast revenue growth
- Report, qualify, analyse, and track leads through sales process and CRM in order to maximise new business opportunities
- Present the company’s services and technical solutions to major clients and potential customers
- Negotiate with potential customers and close deals
- Renew contracts with existing customers, and expand the range of services already purchased by existing customers
- Write and deliver proposals and present to prospective customers
- Provide regular reporting and feedback to senior management to communicate actual sales performance and monitor pipeline opportunities
- Work closely with internal marketing, pre-sales, and professional services teams as and when required
- Representing the company at all relevant industry events and tradeshows – IBC, NAB, MIPCOM, MIPTV, etc.
Key requirements for the role:
- Excellent Sales and Business development track record of selling complex services and or solutions into the broadcast and media industries (i.e. VOD, OTT, Video streaming, Playout, content distribution, media management)
- Excellent contact network with Broadcasters, Content Owners, Pay TV operators, and Platforms (i.e. Netflix, Amazon Prime) across Europe
- Hunter sales mentality
- Experience in writing bid documents and leading responses to RFPs
- Strong consultative selling pedigree and ability to engage at C Level within large, complex media accounts
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience of selling to both technical and creative stakeholders – explaining complex technical terms in a simple way
- Excellent strategic planning and reporting skills
- Self motivated and disciplined
- Bachelor’s degree of equivalent experience required
If you are interested in applying for this post, please submit your details using the contact form below, attaching a recent copy of your CV.