Company & Job profile:
A fast-growing and disruptive technology vendor is looking to recruit a Sales Manager to drive new business with Broadcasters, Sports Rights Holders, and Agencies across Europe. Already possessing an impressive list of existing clients across these markets, this is a new hire to support and further their growth.
This role will require someone who has an ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’ with a hunger and ambition for driving new business sales. Prior experience in a ‘start-up’ or fast-growing technology vendor or services provider selling complex cloud-based and/or media workflow solutions into the Broadcast and Sports Media markets is ideal.
Key responsibilities for the role:
· Build and develop a clear strategic new business sales plan to address the Broadcast and Sports markets, and being directly responsible for achieving revenue targets in this sector
· Identify, approach, and win new business development opportunities across targeted client base
· Maximise opportunities within any existing accounts
· Operate at C-level across multiple stake holders, around ROI, customer business strategy, revenues and cost base
· Working with large, complex accounts using solution selling processes and methodology to present your ideas
· Provide regular reporting and feedback to senior management to communicate actual sales performance and monitor pipeline opportunities
· Work closely with internal marketing, pre-sales, and professional services teams as and when required
· Representing the company at all relevant industry events and tradeshows – IBC, NAB, Sportel, SVG Europe, etc.
Key requirements for the role:
· Proven track record of exceeding sales targets in a solutions sales environment
· Self-motivated, ambitious, with an entrepreneurial spirit
· Excellent contact network with Broadcasters, Content Owners, Sports Rights Holders, Agencies, Federations, Leagues, and Clubs across the UK and Europe
· An understanding of broadcast technologies and workflows, including Video platforms, Ingest, Production, Editing, and Storage
· Passion and enthusiasm for the Broadcast and Sports industries
· Experience in selling complex solutions at C Level within the media industries
· Excellent strategic planning and reporting skills
· Strong communication skills