Working for one of the most well known services providers in the area of Sports Production and Outside Broadcast, the Senior Broadcast Engineer will join a team that is dedicated to providing a first class service to customers both domestically in the UK and Worldwide. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a passion for Sports with experience in Outside Broadcast operations and technologies, to work in a dynamic and rewarding company. Flexibility and the ability to be able to travel will be required as this role will be working on major sporting events across the UK and abroad.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strong understanding of vision control operations and be able to operate as a Vision Supervisor on all types of OB’s.
- Deep knowledge of the wider OB solution, including power requirements, air conditioning and unit hydraulic operation.
- Fully understand the workflow of sound and communications systems and be able to provide support to colleagues in these departments.
- Guarantee outside broadcasts domestically and internationally.
- Work closely with the audio and communications departments to understand common project goals.
- Have/develop a deep knowledge of UHD units and the technologies deployed within them. Play a leading role in the deployment of contractual requirements as well as adhoc solutions within these units.
- Play a leading role in the design, planning, build and deployment of fly-pack systems and major projects, worldwide.
- Provide a level of consultancy to Technical Project Managers to ensure the technical specifications for a project are correctly aligned.
- Follow up faults and play a leading role in the maintenance of our fleet.
- First-line fault-finding and repair of a range of broadcast and AV audio and video equipment.
- Be recognised for your exemplary client relationships and communicative skills.
- Recognise skills and weaknesses and seek appropriate training.
This role will have an international and domestic travel element to it, and candidates should expect this to be up to 50% of the time.
This company has been growing rapidly over recent years and has proven to be at the cutting edge of Sports Production and Outside Broadcast, offering an ideal platform for personal development for the right candidate. Someone with an inquisitive and innovative technological mindset will fit in perfectly with this dynamic business.