Company & Job profile:
Working for a market-leading and innovative technology services provider within the global broadcast and sports media technology markets, the VP Sales Europe will be responsible for driving sales revenues within new and existing customers. A newly created role, the VP Sales will manage a small sales team in winning new business with Broadcasters, Sports Rights Holders, Federations, and Sports Agencies across the region.
Our client offers their customers content management and distribution services to cater for all their content distribution strategies, and the ideal candidate will have a background and understanding of Content Distribution, OTT platforms, Content Management and Playout. Whilst an established player in the market, this role will be focused on winning new business thus requiring a ‘hunter sales’ mentality in the right individual.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare, develop, and execute a sales and business growth strategy designed to achieve or exceed agreed sales and budget objectives for Europe.
- Manage and mentor existing sales team to achieve their sales targets.
- Take the lead on meetings and presentations to existing key clients and prospect clients.
- Conduct technical discussions and present demos as required.
- Seek to understand both prospect and existing clients’ marketing campaigns and objectives, providing solutions that fit in with return on investment (ROI) goals.
- Develop a consistent strategy in relation to: pricing, discounting and service provision.
- Cultivate and develop effective business relationships with senior influencers and key decision makers across each account.
- Apply consultative selling methodology on a consistent basis, in order to create value propositions for strategic opportunities to attract and grow revenue.
- Collaborate with key people internally in order to monitor key information and data relating to customers, sales prospects and marketplace interactions.
- Lead and be accountable for all sales related documentation i.e. RFPs, Proposals, Pricing Quotes.
- Stay updated on issues and trends relating to emerging market places.
- Provide intelligent and specific, sales forecasting and reporting.
Key skills and experience required:
- Proven sales track record of complex solution selling to international Broadcasters, Sports Rights Holders, Federations, and Sports Agencies.
- Previous experience of designing and implementing sales and revenue strategies for large key accounts.
- Prior Sales Management experience.
- Strong presentation and communication skills and a confident ability to pitch at C-Level.
- Professional communication skills both written and verbally.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills at both the strategic and operational level.