Head of Business Development AmericasBroadcast workflows | $130,000 to $150,000 basic salary + commission
Head of Business Development, Americas
Location: East Coast USA
A unique opportunity to join a fast-growing disruptive technology vendor, who is looking to recruit a Head of Business Development Americas to help drive sales revenues with Broadcasters, Content Owners, TV Stations, and Sports Rights Holders across North and South America.
Already possessing an impressive list of existing clients across these markets, this role is a new hire to the business.
Your role and remit:
The ideal candidate will need to have an ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’ and a proven Sales and Business Development background within the Media and Entertainment industries.
Prior experience selling both directly to Tier 1 Media companies and working with Channel Partners will be fundamental for the right candidate to be successful.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with Senior Management to implement and execute the sales strategy for the Americas.
- Identify, prospect, and win new business sales with Broadcasters, Content Owners, and Rights Holders in your region.
- Full responsibility for sales and profit contribution of all customers.
- Manage directly all Key Accounts across North and South America, engaging with all customers at C-Level and beyond, ensuring customer satisfaction, and identifying new revenue opportunities.
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with existing reseller partners to ensure sales objectives and customer satisfaction are achieved.
- Identify and recruit new reseller partners to increase new business opportunities.
- Work closely with internal pre-sales, product, marketing, and development teams to implement findings from the market and competitive analysis.
- Provide regular reporting and accurate forecasting back to senior management.
- Represent the company at local and international Trade Shows and Events (NAB, IBC, etc.).
About you and what we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Sales roles in the Media and Entertainment industry, overachieving targets and demonstrating the ability to close new business opportunities.
- Strong contact network, particularly within the Broadcast, Production, and Post-Production markets across North and South America.
- Knowledge of media production workflows, news workflows, storage, media asset management, cloud-based services, and or content distribution.
- Capable of building and managing a partner network.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to create targeted presentations to C Level.
- Willing and able to travel.
- Experience with using CRM systems such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, or similar.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, self-motivated mindset.
- Autonomous, yet a good team player.
How to apply:
If you’re curious to explore this role further, please email Ben Swanton, CEO of 808 Talent to register your interest together with a few words about your experience and why you’re interested.
About 808 Talent
Founded in 2014 by Ben Swanton, 808 Talent is an international recruitment consultancy serving the global Broadcast & Sports Media Technology community. We provide tailored talent solutions in Commercial & Sales, Professional Services and Research & Development.
Diversity and Inclusion
808 Talent is committed to providing equal treatment and equal opportunities in the selection of candidates on behalf of its clients. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the grounds of gender, gender reassignment, pregnancy, marital status, age, race, colour, ethnic background, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion, religious or similar belief. Every individual will be treated with dignity and respect.
Get in touch
All enquiries to Ben Swanton, CEO at 808 Talent
Global office based in UK
+44 (0) 203 752 2895
+44 (0) 7917 772731