Lead Backend Developer, UK/EMEAPython, Django, AWS | £75,000 - £100,000 | remote working
Lead Backend Developer, UK/EMEA
Location: UK office, remote working – can be based in Europe.
Are you already a Lead looking for a new challenge, or a Senior Developer looking for a step up?
We are looking for a Lead Back-End Developer to join a new and growing team in EMEA if you have led teams before, are proficient in Python and Django, and looking for a role where no two days are the same, this could be for you.
This is a 100% remote role, for someone based either in the UK or across Europe.
Your role and remit:
- You’ll work hand-in-hand with the VP of Technology to lead and supervise the day-to-day operations of the assigned Software Development team, removing blockers, and monitoring development progress
- You’ll be designing and participating in the development of multiple concurrent backend and server-side software development projects
- You’ll solve and implement difficult technology challenges and assist the team toward successful outcomes
- There’ll be analysing processes to improve production software, efficiency, and workflow
- Ensuring long-term software quality, scalability, and maintainability
- Implementing software development best practices on topics such as code structure, automated testing, and documentation
- Developing software solutions as needed
- Mentoring and assisting the Software Development team by advising with the support of developed code and assisting with the technical resolution of issues on production and development systems
- You also get to architect and do your own coding here and see it work
Your strengths and values:
- You’re a problem solver and the way you approach issues is innovative and creative
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical audiences both internally, and also with our clients further down the track.
- You’re comfortable working under pressure when needed and can handle shifting priorities day to day
- You’re passionate about quality, supportability, extensibility, and scalable application design
About you and what we’re looking for:
- You’ll be proficient in Python and Django specifically in building and supporting RESTful APIs using Django and Django REST Framework
- You’ll have gained some experience in leading software developers or development teams either in your current role or previous roles.
- You have a good, solid understanding of cloud services such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- You’ll have an extensive understanding of web application best practices and Git development flow
- You have good knowledge of relational databases
- Understanding of the full stack of the application and experience with HTML/CSS/JS
How to apply:
If you’re curious to explore this role further, please email Ben Swanton, CEO of 808 Talent to register your interest together with a few words about your experience and why you’re interested.
About 808 Talent
Founded in 2014 by Ben Swanton, 808 Talent is an international recruitment consultancy serving the global Broadcast & Sports Media Technology community. We provide tailored talent solutions in Commercial & Sales, Professional Services and Research & Development.
Diversity and Inclusion
808 Talent is committed to providing equal treatment and equal opportunities in the selection of candidates on behalf of its clients. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the grounds of gender, gender reassignment, pregnancy, marital status, age, race, colour, ethnic background, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion, religious or similar belief. Every individual will be treated with dignity and respect.
Get in touch
All enquiries to Ben Swanton, CEO at 808 Talent
Global office based in UK
+44 (0) 203 752 2895
+44 (0) 7917 772731