Product Owner | UK or USAbroadcast workflows | (salary package depending on experience)
Location: Could be based in UK or USA
A successful, fast-growing media technology vendor is looking to recruit a Product Owner to join their senior management team.
The successful candidate will have complete ownership of the product, from roadmap, product development, to product management, working closely with internal R&D, Operations, and Sales to support Tier 1 Broadcasters and Content Owners worldwide.
Your role and remit:
You will need to be able to combine strong communication skills with commercial acumen and a good technical grounding in broadcasting technologies, including media production workflows, news workflows, graphics, and content management.
A key member of the senior management team, this role will be remote based, but will need someone to be able to travel across EMEA and the US.
What you’ll be doing:
- With full ownership of all products, you’ll be creating and working to a roadmap and vision for the entire product portfolio – and delivering on this plan.
- Collaborating with Product Development and Engineering teams in Europe and the Americas to define features and updates.
- Working closely with sales teams addressing Broadcasters and Content Owners, engaging at multiple layers (including ‘C’ Level) within target accounts to ensure product development is aligned with customer requirements and expectations.
- Collating product research, customer feedback, and competitor analysis regularly and consistently to ensure products and solutions continue to solve complex business needs.
- Supporting and advising Marketing and Sales in creating a compelling go-to-market strategy.
- Representing the company at trade shows and customer sites providing technical demonstrations and providing technical support to sales managers.
About you and what we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the industry, where your current or previous role is as Product Owner, Product Manager, and/or Product Director.
- Good global contact network, particularly within the Broadcast, Production, and Post-Production markets.
- Understanding of CAPEX and OPEX business models.
- Good technical knowledge of media production workflows, news workflows, storage, media asset management, and content distribution.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written).
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, self-motivated mindset.
- Autonomous, yet a good team player.
Sound interesting? If you’d like to explore this opportunity further, please contact Ben Swanton via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch
All enquiries to Ben Swanton, CEO at 808 Talent
Global office based in UK
+44 (0) 203 752 2895
+44 (0) 7917 772731