Satellite Operations Manager | Europevideo distribution | salary depending on experience
Satellite Operations Manager
A market-leading technology business specialising in Live Sports Events space is looking to recruit a Satellite Operations Manager.
This role is an integral part of their business, working closely with the Operations and Engineering departments internally, providing engineering support and expertise for all transmission operations involving orbital satellites and ground systems, as well as supporting the development of technical projects related to RF and supervising the specification and performance of new satellite capacities to ensure they provide the best solutions for their customers globally (Broadcasters, Sports Rights Holders, Federations).
Your role and remit:
You’ll be someone who has developed deep expertise in satellite technologies and its operations end to end, with the knowledge and experience to lead and co-lead satellite-related projects to a high degree.
What you’ll be doing:
- Participate in innovation activities within the team, contributing to deliver solid technical solutions that accurately address members and customer needs.
- Construct and configure the satellite transmission network taking account of developments in the company’s fibre network infrastructure.
- Supervise the routine or occasional tests on the network.
- Prepare and create back up procedures in the event of a satellite breakdown.
- Prevention and risk management: seek out causes of interference and help eliminate issues.
- Drive technical projects related to earth stations and RF systems.
- Have full responsibility and ownership of the successful delivery of satellite station upgrades on the network.
- A key part of the core project team for the network upgrades
- Design, plan and coordinate the operational executions on the network.
- Identify required resources (network and team) per project, liaising with network management to ensure that resources are available.
- Supervise project teams including third party contractors or consultants.
- Participate in the negotiation with service providers and submit proposals to the procurement team.
- Forecasting and costings and managing of budgets for projects.
- Produce project documentation and progress reports, combined with organising regular operations reviews with project team.
- Coordinate and perform regular technical, budget and operational analysis.
- Be involved in conferences and exhibitions, and liaise with key players within the industry.
About you and what we’re looking for:
- A strong team player with broad knowledge of satellite networks, fibre and RF transmission equipment.
- Network design, architecture leader.
- Solid knowledge of fibre and satellite transmission standards and other proprietary technologies.
- Good understanding of IP over satellite.
- An organised, structured and independent way of working with the experience to know how to drive projects forward in a timely and professional way.
- Ability to develop and maintain long-lasting relationships at all levels, across technical and non technical backgrounds.
- Strong planning and organisational skills technically, operationally, and from a customer awareness point of view – with the ability to solve problems quickly and calmly.
- Proven record of driving continuous improvement.
This is a rare opportunity to join a well-established and innovative technology provider that counts many Tier 1 Broadcasters, Sports Rights Holders, and Federations worldwide as their clients. The Satellite Operations Manager works closely with the Engineering, Operations and Sales teams to ensure customers receive a world-class service, to support their requirements.
If you’d like to learn more and discuss your suitability for this role, please email Ben Swanton for an initial conversation – firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch
All enquiries to Ben Swanton, CEO at 808 Talent
Global office based in UK
+44 (0) 203 752 2895
+44 (0) 7917 772731